Sample-app-frontend-acme - how is region determined?

Hey.

So when I run sample-app-frontend-acme, the deploy.sh fails due to region subfolder not existinig in my infrastructure-live-acme repo.

Cloning into '/tmp/infrastructure-live-acme'...
remote: Counting objects: 1067, done.        
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (15/15), done.        
remote: Total 1067 (delta 6), reused 10 (delta 5), pack-reused 1047        
Receiving objects: 100% (1067/1067), 1.60 MiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (557/557), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
ERROR: tfvars file main/eu-west-2/stage/services/sample-app-frontend-acme/terraform.tfvars does not exist.

I’ve not altered infrastructure-live-acme since forking so its not pulling eu-west-2 from the code from what I can see.

However, the login to aws on circleci does specify region as eu-west-2. This is because my circleci docker image is in the eu-west-2 region’s ECS.

Curious as to how the login region effects the subdirs that are scanned in infrastructure-live-acme, i.e. why is it looking for a folder structure that includes a region that is not specified in the top level account.tfvars and terraform.tfvars

The build for the sample app is mostly defined in its deploy.sh file. That includes the region to deploy to: e.g., us-east-1. You’ll want to update deploy.sh with the region you want to use, either by hard-coding it, or reading it from your infra-live repo.